Nero Express difficulties

hansov

Maybe I'm doing something stupid..... don't really want a reply to that!!!! Have been using DVDShrink and Nero Express to backup some of my DVDs. Well everything was going swimmingly up to last Sat. Copied the Sis's wedding DVD and then tried to copy another DVD and got nowhere. I have not changed any preference settings or touched the workings of Nero in any way. Users of Nero Express will know that you add the files you wish to copy and the next dialogue box has the burn button. However that is now greyed out on me. Nero can see the blank DVD in the re-writer (Liteon DVDRW SOHW 1653S) and shows the available memory. I am using the same media, the same DVD drives and last night tried to copy a DVD I already copied to no avail. Pulling me hair out! Any Nero experts out there? Thanks

hansov said:
Maybe I'm doing something stupid..... don't really want a reply to that!!!! Have been using DVDShrink and Nero Express to backup some of my DVDs. Well everything was going swimmingly up to last Sat. Copied the Sis's wedding DVD and then tried to copy another DVD and got nowhere. I have not changed any preference settings or touched the workings of Nero in any way. Users of Nero Express will know that you add the files you wish to copy and the next dialogue box has the burn button. However that is now greyed out on me. Nero can see the blank DVD in the re-writer (Liteon DVDRW SOHW 1653S) and shows the available memory. I am using the same media, the same DVD drives and last night tried to copy a DVD I already copied to no avail. Pulling me hair out! Any Nero experts out there? Thanks

Sometimes the same drive appears as a CD-R Drive and a DVD-R Drive in Windows - I noticed in Nero Express that if you don't specify the DVD-R drive as the target that some of the features are disabled.

Worth a look...

You might be better off purchasing the full version of Nero, as it is more configurable.

Are you using Nero just to write the disks (as opposed to doing any other manipulation of content)? If so then you could try out [http://www.burnatonce.com]Burnatonce[/url] instead and see if that does the job. I've always found it more reliable than more fully fledged (bloatware!) packages and it's a relatively small download and just does one job well.

Thanks Clubman but whew(!) burnatonce is not very user-friendly to the "intermediate-level" computer user. Here's what I did in case anybody has a similar problem.

Up to now I used Dvdshrink to copy the DVD to the h/d and then use Nero to burn the copy from the files on the h/d. This was where my problem started - Nero burned for a number of times and then wouldn't. I deleted and reloaded Nero but no success. I downloaded burnatonce and saw that I had to save files with a certain extension (this was at home I am now in office - think they were .ico files). So I went to Dvdshrink again and found where to do this and stumbled on burning directly from Dvdshrink using Nero. Tried it and it worked. Tried it three times last night successfully! So fingers crossed that I don't have to delve more deeply into burnatonce. Thanks again.

hansov said:
Thanks Clubman but whew(!) burnatonce is not very user-friendly to the "intermediate-level" computer user. Here's what I did in case anybody has a similar problem.

I found Burnatonce a lot easier to use than Nero and Roxio etc. because I found that the latter simply provide too many options and Burnatonce focuses on just does one job, presents options for only these and does the job well.

Back