Nell Macafferty - very annoying

If RTE are aware that this thread exists, then it was the correct thing to do. Far better for a programme to be talked about than not.

I don't think that applies in this instance.
Here we are serioulsy talking up a negative aspect of the programme, albeit a once off.

Q&A is an institution anyway - it's not like it's some new programme trying to get attention for itself where any publicity is a good thing.

I suspect what was 'very annoying' for most people was that the usual Q&A script was disrupted a bit. The pre-chosen questions, the political waffle and the useless students asking pointless questions as 'research' is too much to bear on a good day!

Q&A should be axed as all it is is a party political broadcast that last toooooo long. Is this is what we pay our licence fee for? To see politicians and other 'experts' repeat what they read earlier that day in the newspapers? I hope RTE do see this thread!!

I think it's a great show.
Love it in fact.

If you want drama or off the wall watch a soap, but people tune in to Q&A for facts and at least to hear differing views on current affairs.

Does Q&A go out "live" - I think not ! Sure aren't the guests given the questions about an hour before recording so they can go off and ring their mates to get some answers !!!

Does Q&A go out "live" - I think not ! Sure aren't the guests given the questions about an hour before recording so they can go off and ring their mates to get some answers !!!

I reckon it does go out live given that they read out emails sent in by people during the show.

It definitely goes out live...I was in the audience a few years ago when I developed a terrible coughing fit. It was so embarrassing!! The set is so tiny i reckoned that I was disturbing every audience member and panel member. Ah well...

Can we merge this thread with the Dog Warden one and send the Dog Wardens after Nell?

The questions are submitted that evening by the audience. The show has a slight delay (5-10 minutes or something like that).

I haven't seen or heard much from Nell at all and didn't see the program but I heard her on the radio coming up the Lisbon referendum and I thought she made a lot of sense in the midst of lot of rubbish being talked at the time. I'd like to read her autobiography.