Neighbour's planning permission for preschool

DollyFin

My neighbour recently submitted an application for permission to build a single storey extension to the side of their house for use as a pre-school. They live at the end of our small cul-de-sac. Can I make a objection based on the fact that this is a residential area where children play outside and increased traffic could possibly be dangerous? It seems (so far) that 3 of us neighbours don't want a pre-school on our road, we don't object to the actual building but just its use. Any help will be greatly received.

Have you checked opening hours, some preschools only open mornings for three hours, if you feel demand in area could do double sessions....equally planning will only be granted for a number of children, you can assume in your case more than 6 and adequate turning space etc will be considered. Currently regs need a carpark space for every four children.

I walk by a preschool and only issue I'd be concerned is with noise levels...not to be seen as a complainer but this preschool has vacant lot next to it so nearest house a house away. If I was right beside a preschool I'd not enjoy my three hours every morning. Alot preschools are outside doing everything now and October has been exceptionally fine.

Last edited: