Neighbours charity collecting.

WaterWater

We have a neighbour that won't as much as look at you if you pass her in the street. Yet about 6 or 7 times per year she calls to our door all smiles etc with her children, hands outstretched, looking for money for the school, the charity etc. I am happy to give occasionally but.....

I would politely tell her that you have certain 'charities' that you contribute to on an annual basis and leave it at that. Cracks me up in my local supermarket there are collections on a daily basis, even tho I usually know the collectors, I've learnt to do what othes do, ie. go in the other door where there are no collectors. By the way I live in a small community, can be difficult at times. Do as she does 'cock' your head in the air as you pass her by in the street. Know the type, so much for 'charity'.

Neighbours like that are weird. I'll never understand how neighbours who cant even make basic eye contact can function as a part of wider society . Surely they talk to someone in their lives:confused: ..*rant over*:(

As you are talking about having certain charities that you contribute to, one things that really gets on my nerves is the "baggers". Certain supermarkets particularly Dunnes seem to have them there on a permanent basis at evening times.

While I understand that some organisations do have to collect this way there is no choice given to the person who has to contribute (they cover all the exits.........). Also as a sideline I have had shopping damaged or broken on several occasions by persons bagging.

I do my own bagging, usually they are youngsters, and put raw meat in with cold cuts etc, I throw in a couple of coins if I know those involved.

Try to do that myself but sometimes they get there before me.

My main complaint is that some organisations I would feel deserve the money and I have no issue giving but others that already would have constant income streams (e.g. some sports org's) are there collecting as well.

I was surprised to see mature adults (with what sounded like Eastern European accents) bag-packing in Dunnes Leopardstown recently for irishdeaf.com.

Back