neighbours bin hit my car

blueshoes

Last night coming home late and on entering my estate a blue bin flew (not flew) but went across the road in front of me.

Now i could not see the bin because there is a row of cars parked along the houses. The bin was empty, it was a blue recycling one.

So I jammed on and stopped got out and looked there is a tiny dint but nothing serious. It was late last night so I didnt do anything.

The neighbours in question are at home and the bin is still upside down on the road.

What would anyone do? just leave it for the sake of a mini dint? Why didnt they put a rock on the bin to stop from blowin over?

Anyways rant over. Put rocks on yer bins!!! :mad:

Yeah I hate people who leave bins lying around for days after bin day, we have a mgt co. in my area that puts all the bins back beside your house/apartment

The only problem with rocks is that they will end up in the bin truck. You know how the tilt the bin upside into the back of the truck

I would recommend saying something to your neighnour, although, infairness, last night was excpetionally windy.

I would just leave it to be honest. I think people are so precious about their cars - bumps, scratches and little dings are part and parcel of daily life but I've seen people go absolutely BERSERK if someone so much as tips their car even when the cars are practically glued together because they are so tightly parked. Anyway.....

blueshoes, sometimes I do move my neighbours bins in of the road because left for days and then topple over right outside my house.

And dont get me started on parking spaces joe!!:rolleyes:

Why is it that neighbours who have two parking spaces dont use them? isist on parking on the road?? like ahhh so annoying

If the winds got really strong, wouldn't the rocks cause even more damage than the bins?

Why is it that neighbours who have two parking spaces dont use them? isist on parking on the road?? like ahhh so annoying

If there's pay and display on the road and they've paid the resident's fee then they're entitled to park on the road.

Is it the ordinary bins that keep blowing over or the wheelie bins? Its never happened to me and I always think the wheelie bins are too heavy to do so.

Back