Neighbour placed cement caps on boundary wall

B

blueyes

My neighbour has laid cement caps along the top of the boundary wall between our two properties. The back of both our rear gardens are end to end in two different estates. If you can also imagine, my back garden does not meet theirs exactly, so about ¾ of the wall from my side is capped, which looks a bit ridiculous!

I have now also noticed that they have commenced building a block structure very close to the wall. I could just get the width of my hand between this building and the structure. Now there is what appears to be a strip of lead flashing sticking out between two courses of bricks and it is resting on the top of the wall/caps. I have prepared a letter about this to the enforcement office of the corpo., which I will drop into them today.

I am wondering though what I can do about the caps. Could I write to the householders (I don’t know their names, only the house number), give them so much time to remove the caps and if they don’t remove them myself and return them to them? In that way I wouldn’t be stealing their caps. Any ideas anyone??

Wouldn't it be easier to pop around to your neighbour and have a chat to let them know that you have a problem before you go down the other routes.

Yes, but I'm afraid of confrontation particularly when I'll be (hopefully) getting enforcement officers around in regards to the building

Back