Neighbour has left fire damage untouched

bmclough

Hi

At the beginning of the year our neighbour moved a caravan (for what purpose i dont know) to the side of his house in their back/side garden. In February the caravan went up in flames and also burned the side extension of their house.

The burnt out caravan is still there and we have to look at it everyday which to be honest has become extremely annoying and I think very unfair and socially irresponsible.

So far i not approached him about what is going on but i am ready too now. Anyway I was wondering does anyone have any opinions on this situation or how I should approach it? Surely their are rules around the upkeep of property in an estate and show a certain responsibility/respect to your neighbours and the place you live

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Bmclough

This might be of general interest/relevance:

How do you get on with your neighbour generally? If this matter has not even cropped up in conversation then I presume that you don't have much dealings with each other? Obviously a polite/gentle approach would probably be a good idea especially if you don't otherwise have much dealings with them.

Just to update the "Nicely Nicely" approach worked and the fire damage is no longer an issue.

B

Damn - I was hoping for 20 pages of contention and bickering over this one before the thread got locked!

Seriously - that's good to hear.