Neighbour changing agricultural land to commercial

massimo

Hi!

My in-laws have a holiday home that is beside a small farmyard. Very quiet area - our kids can cycle their bikes on the lane..

We heard yesterday, that the farmer's son want to make a mechanic's garage out of the farmyard. Will totally change the area from what it is to us.

I rang the county council, and they say it would need planning permission from agricultural to commercial... but I guess, as it is a holiday home, we are worried that we may miss the planning notices. A neighbour also said that the farmer wouldn't do things by the book.. we already had an issue with him in the past.

Any advice?

Planning list should be available online through the local council website. Seem to be published weekly.

Its a tricky one OP when you say a garage it depends how big it is going to be he might just have a small workshop on the farm and repairing a few cars on the side. as someone that lives in an area where we have a few holiday homes some people think its a play ground for when people go on holidays but locals have to try and make a living in these beautiful places. Will you stop him from repairing cars in a converted shed on his farm, very doubtful will you make loads of enemies, probability.