Need to see transaction from 2008

dodo

I went to the bank to seek a statement from a transfer from my bank (UB) to another account into a different bank in 2008. The bank teller told me that if it more than 10 years I need a court order,
I never heard that and if that is the case as I take it he knows his job, is this costly as the amount in question in 25K that I need clarification on.

If anyone can advise that would be great

I had not heard that you require a court order to get details of a transaction on your own account!

Are you looking for information on someone else's account?
Are you looking for information on a joint account?

Brendan

I had not heard that you require a court order to get details of a transaction on your own account!

Are you looking for information on someone else's account?
Are you looking for information on a joint account?

Brendan
On my own personnel account to another persons account,

Its garbage that you need a court order. It's your data at the end of the day. Problem however will be if the bank have retained the data to provide it to you. Quite possibly that it is either on a back up tape somewhere in the bank or on microfiche. However when the embargo on the destruction of banking records was removed a couple of years ago, the banks had a clear out of data more then 7 years old at the time as the storage costs were horrendous.

Suggest you raise a case in writing via your online or phone banking platform, tellers are not always the most reliable

Its garbage that you need a court order. It's your data at the end of the day. Problem however will be if the bank have retained the data to provide it to you. Quite possibly that it is either on a back up tape somewhere in the bank or on microfiche. However when the embargo on the destruction of banking records was removed a couple of years ago, the banks had a clear out of data more then 7 years old at the time as the storage costs were horrendous.

Suggest you raise a case in writing via your online or phone banking platform, tellers are not always the most reliable
Just off the phone with Bank regulator who said under GDPR they only have to hold for 6 years , Court Order is the next step to go if you need this information. cheers

You could chance it and put in a Data Subject Access Request with the bank, narrowing it down to the account and relevant dates. If they have the data, they’re obliged to give it to you under GDPR law. I did something similar with a different financial institution recently and got stuff going back as far as 2006.

You could chance it and put in a Data Subject Access Request with the bank, narrowing it down to the account and relevant dates. If they have the data, they’re obliged to give it to you under GDPR law. I did something similar with a different financial institution recently and got stuff going back as far as 2006.
Thanks for that information, the Mortgage was originally with Danske Bank back in 2008 but they out of Ireland now, and then by Ulster Bank,then in turn Pepper now have the Mortgage Account

The Court Order thing seems like a big of a red herring. If the bank have the information, they're obliged to give it to you when you submit a Subject Access Request under GDPR. If they don't have it, a Court Order isn't going to help.

The Court Order thing seems like a big of a red herring. If the bank have the information, they're obliged to give it to you when you submit a Subject Access Request under GDPR. If they don't have it, a Court Order isn't going to help.
I suspect it is in the context that one party is saying the payment was never made into an account and it is up to the OP to prove that the payment was made. The court order may be to disclose any transactions in the receiving account in a timeframe.

Thanks for that information, the Mortgage was originally with Danske Bank

Danske are still active in Ireland, just not with personal consumers.

My wife got full details of her mortgage account from them (spanning 2008) after a written request. It took about three weeks and was comprehensive.

AFAIK they don't answer phone or email. They have an address on their website.

Back in the day we charged a fee for duplicate bank statements. If statements were sent to people they should have kept them. If they decided to throw them out then it is right that they should be charged for duplicates.

Back in the day we charged a fee for duplicate bank statements. If statements were sent to people they should have kept them. If they decided to throw them out then it is right that they should be charged for duplicates.
I think the OP is happy to pay for them here (within reason). That's a different arguement.

Back in the day, we didn't have GDPR rights to get copies of any information held about us by organisations.

Back