Need to register for VAT if income from two separate jobs over 35k?

invest-or

As a sole trader, I must register for VAT if I supply more that 35k worth of services in a year - see [broken link removed]

If I have a day job, say as a contracter in a financial company, and an occasional evening job as, say, a DJ, and I earn 30k from the former and 10k from the latter, can I consider the two as "separate" businesses (just operating as a sole trader for both, without forming a limited company to cover either job) and therefore neither on its own liable for registering for VAT? Or at least not have to charge VAT for the DJ work?

What is the figure to be registered for VAT for Ltd. Company supplyig goods ?

As a sole trader, I must register for VAT if I supply more that 35k worth of services in a year - see [broken link removed]

If I have a day job, say as a contracter in a financial company, and an occasional evening job as, say, a DJ, and I earn 30k from the former and 10k from the latter, can I consider the two as "separate" businesses (just operating as a sole trader for both, without forming a limited company to cover either job) and therefore neither on its own liable for registering for VAT? Or at least not have to charge VAT for the DJ work?
sole trader counts as one entity, not matter how many businesses you have

the threshold for VAT on the supply of services is €37500

sole trader counts as one entity, not matter how many businesses you have

That's what I assumed, but I can't find anywhere in the VAT documentation at http://www.revenue.ie/ that explicitly says this (or the opposite).

It seems to be just implied that once you are registered for VAT, you *must* charge VAT on all transactions (except those explicitly listed as excluded)

Back