Need to deflate tyres of buggy before flight?

berlininvest

May be a stupid one but here goes....

Am bringing a baby buggy which has pneumatic tyres.

I know when you put a bike on a plane you need to deflate the tyres.

Is it the same for a buggy?

If so then I have a problem at the other end.

If not, is there a danger the tyres will blow out due to the air pressure in the hold being much lower at altitude?

Might have to pack a pump.

Any experience of this please?

no i dont think so....u will have to do this...i hv never seen such thing at airports...i travel alot..

Thanks again Mystry!

I did some research as well myself and it seems this whole exploding tyres thing is a myth, tyres are well able to put up with the change in pressure, and many airlines no longer even force bike owners to deflate tyres.

So no worries.

Beginning to think I am worrying too much about this travelling with kids thing ;-)

i know...its not easy to travel with them...I have 2...one of 3 and half and one of 1 year....And i travel alot between Ireland and Holland...my parents live over there....

Hav ea nice flight!!!

have flown several times with pump up wheeled buggy, no problems. WOuld imagine that the airlines would advise this when booking ?

There is no need to deflate any tires. I brought my bike over a short while ago. It flew with fully inflated tires and once me and my bike had made it to Dublin, I cycled home straight from the airport. No damage to the tires at all.

Back