Need small photocopier for small office!

M

MOD53

I have a small office and need to get a photocopier - at present I use my Brother fax machine to copy. I was thinking of getting a desktop copier - but all the catalogues are very confusing. Is there any real benefit to getting one that is also a printer/scanner/fax machine?

I would only need to copy about 50 pages per month at this time of year, but from October to December this could rise to 150-200 pages per month. I am confined space wise and also I don't really want to enter a contract with any of the big companies.

Any feedback from anyone who has used anything similar would be very much appreciated.

Perhaps just a scanner and printer (or a combination scanner/printer) would suffice for low volumes of copying and where the additional cost of a fax was not otherwise justified?

Take a look at the Brother 8820D

We have had one for a couple of years

Its great

print, scan, fax, copy

comes with an ADF

Duplex printing & copying

only reason we havnt dumped the Sharp SF7800 copier is that once in a blue moon we need to copy A3

Only thing I can think of against the Brother that some people might not like is that its a monochrome laser engine rather than a colour printer.

why not look at the people that developed the photocopier in teh first place

Xerox!!

small economical toner based machines available, you only pay for the toner you use, no contract no annual charge,

have a look at the PE16 16 pages a minute copier

www.digidox.ie

Many thanks for the replies.

I am just off to do some more research now on the basis of the replies.

why not look at the people that developed the photocopier in teh first place

i have a xerox multifunction xk50cx which has a great spec but a some huge flaws.
1 - no drivers for xp that actually work
2 - under win98/me connectivity usb or parallel is very hit and miss and fequently needs reboots of both the pc and printer
3 - adf scnner stops after 2-3 pages every time
4 ink keeps drying up
5 xerox branded ink costs a fortune

my advice
buy a LASER multifunction from hp or epson

Hi There Eamonn back in the Day I actually worked in support on the XK 50

the reason for the lack of xp drivers is sadly that xp was not even heard of when this machine was sold.
Inkjet machines will dry up ink of left unplugged or not used for a long time

as regards laser, xerox are widely recognised as the brand leaders in Multifunction and particularly in Copying, HP were always known as the leaders in Printers and all makes followed.

Inkjet machines will dry up ink of left unplugged or not used for a long time

I know that this can be an issue but I recently plugged in an Epson Stylus EPS800 printer that had lain idle (upside down!) for about four years and it printed perfectly first time!

Hi Lemurz
Yes I have checked out Viking - in several of their many different catalogues received recently!

Was recommended today by a friend to think about the HP6110, which he swears by. He lives 70 miles away so I cannot get a look at the machine just yet.

However, I will keep investigating - no mad rush especially if it means I get what I need.

Many thanks to all who replied. As always AAM has been a huge help.

Back