need help choosing tv for boyfriend birthday

• Thread starter her-in-doors
  • Start date
H

her-in-doors

I need some help as a bit of a technophobe. I want to buy a small tv for bedroom for boyfriend but don't know where to start. it will be used for x-box360, watching dvd's and watching the terrestial channels (through booster aerial).
would a 20in LCD be ok for this or would we have trouble getting the terrestial channels? also do I need it to be HD ready? I obviously need it to have a SCART but would I need DVI-I?
sorry to be so clueless about all this, I swear I am not this bimbo-ish about everything!!!!

I'd say no need to go HD for a bedroom set. It'll be a few years yet before HD reaches that saturation point.

2 SCART inputs would be good so he can leave DVD and x-box connected. DVI would only come into play if you want to hook up a computer or an upscaling DVD player which may be overkill for a bedroom.

Def go for an HD TV, xbox 360m plays and looks really really on a HD TV. I bought on recently and did mu homework on it. I got a LG 32inch which are on average 200 quid cheaper than a Samsung. You might as well pay the extra as you are going to keep the TV for a while anyways

really only want to spend between 400 and 500. don't need anything bigger than a 20inch

Back