Need an automatic - don't want to buy

C

conastatu

Due to a left knee injury, I need an automatic car for 6 - 8 weeks. Rental from standard rental car companies looking very expensive (cheapest I've found is €1,200 for 6 weeks in a little tin box & I'm not sure what insurance, if any, is included). Thought of calling a few dealers in the Cork city / East Cork area to see if they have any automatics on their forecourts that they might be willing to farm out for a while....does anyone think that they'd be likely to do that...or does anyone have any other ideas?

Whay do you mean by "... automatics ... that they might be willing to farm out for a while" - loan, rent, sell temporarily?

Sorry - I thought the reference to rental companies got across what I meant - I guess rent or short-term lease is what I'm looking for.

sounds like you want to rent a car? did you try the rental companies?

Rental from standard rental car companies looking very expensive (cheapest I've found is €1,200 for 6 weeks in a little tin box & I'm not sure what insurance, if any, is included).

sounds like you want to rent a car? did you try the rental companies?

OP has tried rental companies. OP, you should try dealers (for a second-hand one), although I'm not sure that they are allowed to lease you a car (they may be, I just don't know). I'd also work out how much a taxi would be if you just want to drive to and from work (and not much more). €200 a week is a fair whack...