Need advice re Siting of gas boiler flue

Canny39

I live in a mid terrace house and one of my neighbour is building a kitchen extension to the back of their house. They discussed this with me before work started and I gave my consent for the boundary wall being removed until the build is completed as the wall of the extension will be appox 1 foot from the boundary. So far so good. However, I came home from work today to see that there is a hole in their new extension wall which I assume will be for the gas boiler flue and any fumes will be expelled directly into my garden - should I be concerned about this?

This is unacceptable. Can't find the Irish regs that deal with this, but have the British one and in my experiance, the two are very similar.

BS 5440-1 It is recommended that the fanned flue terminal
Should be positioned as follows:
a) At least 2m from an opening in the building directly
opposite, and
b) so that the products of combustion are not directly
directed to discharge across a boundary."

Found this in I.S 813: 2002 ( Irish domestic gas installation reg)
11.8.1 A terminal shall be located in such a position the products of combustion do not cause discomfort to passers-by.

A little vauge. Check out the building regs to get a similar one to the british reg. See Doc J (i think).

The law may be with you but it's not enforced. If your neighbour has got a new boiler it will be a condenser, they emit a plume (steam/fog like) that will be constant.

Your best bet is to ask your neighbour nicely, can they stick an elbow on the flue and run a vertical pipe to take it over the eves of the single story,(This will depend on boiler make/model)