Need advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bensd

Hi, I recently wrote of my car with 3 passengers and my self in it. We only had a few minor scratches and bit of back pain and stuff.

The police have not done anything about it as of yet and not heard anything.

But my insurance company (Admiral) have contacted one the passengers and said they will offer her £800 ( Don't know if they have told the other passengers).

I am worried i will get done for dangerous driving and get in more trouble because of this ( I am on court bail at the moments so anything I do will be taken much worse).

Can someone tell me what i have gota worry about and is there any risks of me having to pay fines and go to court about it ? (Policy was Third party fire and theft)

[FONT=&quot]Please the title of your post in line with the Posting Guidelines.

Please read the before posting again on Askaboutmoney.

Any responses to posts with meaningless titles will be removed.

If the title is not edited within a reasonable time, the post will be closed.

Brendan
Administrator [/FONT]

you are a bit vague regarding the circumstances of the accident itself so it is impossible to tell whether you were in a situation where you could possibly be prosecuted for dangerous driving. I work in insurance claims and what happens qite frequently is that the third partys in a claim (in this case the passengers in the vehicle) may be contacted to see if they are allright. If as a handler you think that you can settle the claim at this stage for as little as possible then you will. Your insurance company are just trying to minimise the chances of the passengers putting in personal injury claims, which could ultimately cost a lot more than £800. More details on the accident will help form a better opinion

Askaboutmoney is an Irish consumer finance site and questions relating to UK law and motor insurance are very unlikely to be answered here.

aj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back