Need advice on the best place to buy new tyres

F

Framley

I need new tyres for a Saab 95 Estate that I will be selling early next year.

Where can I buy a cheap but servicable set of tyres?

I'm not fussed if they are not new - As long as there is decent thread on them.

i don't want to spend €500 or €600 on them.

eiretyres.com

You'll save a packet compared to a local tyre centre.
Pay €20-30 to fit them and job done.

Sorry, didn't read your post properly.
If you're looking ot sell on next year, buy a set of part worn tyres. Try Buy & Sell.
Half worn Good Years will be better than new Nangkangs !

Pique

Do you know how long eiretyres take to deliver?

Looks like they are shipping from Germany.

Need to a pair of johnnies for my car soon.

Have a guy that will fit and balance and track the car for me.

It depends, I used them 4 times so far, average is about 7-8 working days.
It did take over 2 weeks at one point though. I think they have a depot in Ireland but the company is German. Obviously the tyres I wanted were'nt in stock at the time.

Try www.camskill.co.uk for tyres. They deliver to ireland for £15.
Only downside is you have to get somebody else to fit them and get rid of your old ones. Same as eiretyres really.

J

You should try Sandyford Tyre Centre, just behind the fStatoil illing station off the Sandyford Road (almost opposite the Mint & not far from Dundrum). I just bought 4 new 195/55/15 Goodyear NCT's from them and they were even cheaper than eiretyres, inclusive of fitting & balancing! They just needed a day to get the tyres in stock and then I wandered up there and they popped all four on in a jiffy the next afternoon while I waited - bought a lotto ticket but no luck, aside from the saving on the tyres! They may also sell 2nd hand, can call them (Frank) on 01 295 5305.

you are in Dublin, the motorway to the north will get you there in under 1.5-2 hours.

I buy all my tyres in the north, I have a 4x4 and I save over €700 by going north, if you have a vat number you dont have to pay yhe UK Vat, therefore another 17.5% saving.

What kills me is all the tyres for the Island of Ireland come into Dublin port, x amount turm right for the north where they are 60-70% cheaper than the ones staing in the ROI.

the problem is there are too many people between the manufacturer and the tyre centre all who are taking a percent (10% minimum).

as a test, I called 3 tyre centre near where I live in the west, they where all in the same ball park of 275 per tyre _Fitting and ballancing, therefore nearly 300 per tyre.

I deal with a tyre centre outside Belfast Stg£80.00 per tyre for EXACTLY the same brand and size.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE of our OWN people RIPPING us off. welcome to ROI, and that is RIP Of Ireland?

Cheers
Davrac

another classic example of a random thread i would never have thought of entering. new tyre cost a fortune 2 weeks ago, thanks for the tips

Coby Autos on Naas Road near Red Cow Hotel does second hands at very good prices fitted. Honest guy too and I haved no connection with him - just got two sets in the past. One tyre I wasnt happy about and he swapped it for me no issue.

Back