Need advice on separation

M

Mika

Hi Guys, i am looking for a bit of advice....
At the moment I am seriously considering a separation from my husband of 6 years. I don't want to go into detail but am just looking for some good advice as to where I would stand.
I gave up work after the birth of our first child 5 years ago. We now have two other children as well. My husband works full time and is on a good salary. My biggest concern is that if we were to separate how would I manage to support myself and my children financially?
Would my husband be obliged to pay the mortgage or would it mean uprooting my children from their home. Also would I be entitled to claim anything or would it mean returning to full time work? My youngest is only 4 months old so I am not sure if this would be an option at present.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would strongly urge you to see a good Family Law Solicitor. This is a messy situation with a lot of big responsibilities with children.

With the current economic climate, I am thinking that some of my clients need to very carefully consider whether ending a marriage is such a bright idea.

mf

As a start, before taking a drastic step, how about marriage counselling.