Need a floor layer in kildare

foggym

Am looking for someone to lay a couple of semi-solid wooden floors in kildare. Can anyone recommend someone? Or have any idea what the going rate is? Any info much appreciated.

Sorry to hijack the thread but would the cost be the same for laying laminate? And would it be more expensive in Dublin? I'll be looking for someone if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks

my husband does wood floors, laminate is of course cheaper to put down than solid or semi solid, and it wouldn't make a difference if in dublin or kildare, the only thing is it depends on the rooms to be done, for example if there was a lot of cutting around or skimming of doors or uneven floors etc, the price would have to reflect this.... what size area you talking about?

A job should really be seen and priced.

How many rooms and what is the area?

Two rooms, appx 25 sq yards. No fireplaces, bay windows etc. One doorway in each. No expert on floors but I don't know about the skimming, they look reasonably smooth/level. New skirting to be fitted also.

Thanks doll. Haven't decided how many rooms to get done yet, depends on cost I suppose. Still looking around for decent but affordable laminate so any suggestions are welcome. I saw Des Kelly has free fitting on some Kronofix laminates - does anyone know if this is any good?