Necessary to pay for AVG now?

Sue Ellen

Moderator.
Have been using AVG for a while now thanks to the many recommendations on AAM :)

Just recently we have been getting a message saying that from January it will be necessary to pay for same. Have read previous threads on AVG and just wondering if this message is the norm or have they changed the procedures/availability recently?

You can still get the free version [broken link removed]

Last edited:
Have been using AVG for a while now thanks to the many recommendations on AAM :)

Just recently we have been getting a message saying that from January it will be necessary to pay for same. Have read previous threads on AVG and just wondering if this message is the norm or have they changed the procedures/availability recently?

Not according to this.

You have to upgrade, but the upgraded version is still free.

The new version is 7.5, you install it as an upgrade to the existing version. Despite all the blurb on the website, it is a simple upgrade. I have been using it at home now for some weeks. We use the commercial version at work, God bless it.

hmmmm. I would have said that too. I too recently upgraded it and as can be seen in a different post I was having difficulty (well it wasn't a difficulty then I just ignored it) with one of the components updating. The result (or should I say it may not be at all related but...) was that I have a virus which I still haven't time to deal with. The virus "Isass.exe" is aptly named for me ignoring the updating problems.

Can you download AVG for free from scratch? I was going to do that when my norton expires at the end of Dec.

Titch

Back