Neary

dodo

I have never heard why Dr Neary did that to those women in Co Louth.Anyone know what his view on why he did what he did.

It seems that he just thought he was doing the best thing for the women involved. Its a sad case alright how he has allowed do so many before the alarm bells began to ring.

I have never heard why Dr Neary did that to those women in Co Louth.Anyone know what his view on why he did what he did.
Why not search the archives of one of the online newspapers to review the coverage of this case?

It seems that he just thought he was doing the best thing for the women involved. Its a sad case alright how he has allowed do so many before the alarm bells began to ring.

It was appalling what happened to those women.
However it's pretty galling that the taxpayer will have to foot the compensation bill. On the one hand you have Neary's insurers somehow able to wriggle away and on the other you have the nuns who control the hospital with their vast land banks.

This whistle should have been blown much earlier and dealt with properly. Whoever officially reported it - risking the wrath of both of church and state, did folks a great service. I don't agree with the financial compensation in these cases because i don't think it will make the women able to have children again, free counselling might help but will probably never materialise for the victims. If he paid his insurers and where are they now?, why should the taxpayers pay out yet again? beats me.