Nearest new Luas stop to the Belfry?

queenlex

I was thinking about buying in this area possibly, obviously not straight away but at some stage in the future maybe but I am concerned about how close the nearest Luas stop is and which one would be the closest given I wont have a car anyone know?

Anyone any other thoughts on the area in general?

Anything useful on Luas query [broken link removed].

There are some previous threads with reference to Belfry.

I was thinking about buying in this area possibly, obviously not straight away but at some stage in the future maybe but I am concerned about how close the nearest Luas stop is and which one would be the closest given I wont have a car anyone know?

Anyone any other thoughts on the area in general?

5-10 minute walk to the citywest shopping centre. There's one there..

Are you talking about the Belfry in Stepaside? The new luas is going to be very close to walk to! The stop is in if you want to go and look at it beside Mimosa at the gallops you can see the luas shelters there and the stop is complete. When you come out of the stop and look left you can see the Belfry straight away!

There will be a walkway and cycle path through to the Belfry. It's going to make getting to work very easy and very pleasant. It looks longer in a car because you'd have to drive up kilgobbin rd and through stepaside. There is great system of walkways though the green areas by nice trees and streams, the luas one hasn't been opened yet but you can see them working on it. Happy days, shouldn't be more than a 10 minute stroll to the luas!! I think the stop is called Glencairn, but it's hard to tell because there are three in close proximity with different exits. Best thing is to drive up and take a look.

Further info here [broken link removed] It's also useful to look at the area on google earth / maps because you can see how close the stop will be via the walkways.

Just realised you don't have a car to drive up - if you get on the 47 bus towards Belarmine you can see the luas shelter as you pass Mimosa and when you're at the small roundabout you'll see the Belfry straight in front and that's how you'll walk to it, not in the direction the bus will take.

Last edited:
Belfry

IS there another Belfry further up enniskerry road past stepaside village btw? I was looking at the Belfry which is by Aikens village, Sandyford...according to the map anyway??

Back