Nearest hotel to Terminal 1

setanta1

Irish by birth, Munster by grace of God - and so I must be in Cardiff for the Heineken Cup final. I'm flying to London on the morning of Saturday 24th May, taking the train to Cardiff, and then back to London after the game. My flight next morning is at 06.40 so what I'd like to do is stay very close to Terminal 1 (if possible within walking distance) on Saturday night. All suggestions welcome!

There's no hotels within walking distance of the central (1,2 &3) terminals at Heathrow - they're all at least a bus ride away (Only T4 and I think now T5 have Hotels attached to the terminal) - most of them are on the "Bath Road" which runs along the Norther Perimeter of Heathrow

Most hotel chains are there - really just pick on price - None of them are that amazing and if you've been all day at the match and are up for 0640 departure the next morning I imagine one room would be as good as the other. Try Priceline for deals ... also there's a new Jury's Inn by Hatton Cross tube station (one stop towards central london) that probably is cheap.

There's a shuttle bus called the "Hotel Hoppa" which serves all the hotels for £4 each way .. however local buses in the immediate Heathrow area are free (they don't kill themselves to tell you this :) ) so you can go to the bus station and pick up a bus that runs past your hotel and save the £4

Irish by birth, Munster by grace of God - and so I must be in Cardiff for the Heineken Cup final. I'm flying to London on the morning of Saturday 24th May, taking the train to Cardiff, and then back to London after the game. My flight next morning is at 06.40 so what I'd like to do is stay very close to Terminal 1 (if possible within walking distance) on Saturday night. All suggestions welcome!
A number of London airports have terminals named Terminal 1.

If you gave the name of the airport people wouldn't have to make presumptions.

Not true actually ... I believe Heathrow is the only one that has a "Terminal 1" ... Gatwick has two terminals but they're designated "North" & "South"

City, Luton and Stansted are single terminal buildings only so they don't have terminal designations as far as I'm aware.

(Birmingham and Manchester do have Terminal 1s - but the OP did state London)

But agreed for clarity it might have been better if the OP had mentioned Heathrow

Given that the only 6.40 flight out of London goes from Heathrow (scary to know these things!) and Heathrow is pretty much so on the train line to Cardiff, I am guessing EvilDoctorK is spot on

Thanks for the info - esp EvilDoctorK, and yes, I should possible have clarified that it was Heathrow that I was referring to.

Most hotels in the Heathrow area have 24hr complimentary shuttle busses to the terminals.

Most hotels in the Heathrow area have 24hr complimentary shuttle busses to the terminals.

I'm pretty sure (but open to correction) that this is wrong ... All the hotels subscribe to the "Hotel Hoppa" service which is certainly not free, I don't believe any of them offer free shuttles any more, if they ever did.

EvilDoctorK wins again! I have stayed at a selection of the wonderful bank of Heathrow hotels and no, the bus is certainly not complimentary. Insofar as I know they all use the pricey Hotel Hoppa service and don't tell you anything about the abundant supply of free buses right outside their door (only found out because I tried a bus). I think that Jury's is outside of the free bus area (I think but am open to correction on that - I didn't try the bus from there as I was working in West London near the Piccadilly Line so I used that instead).

Last edited:
Back