ndp v's government policy

G

Guest127

ok. so now we have a 'brand new' NDP plan. which emphasises the importance of the gateway towns. how many decentralised jobs did the government 'allocate' to some of these so called gateway towns? Do as I say /don't do as I do somehow springs to mind. the decentralisation plan might and I repeat just might have worked if the government had allocated some more of decentralisation to these towns. at least then the CS would have know that they were going to relocated to a town which was earmarked for future growth strategy. with proper infastructure etc. on second thoughts strike that last bit

one point - decentralisation was not planned at any level - it was just an egotistic announcement by a grumpy finance minister who was being shipped off to brussels by the taoiseach because he was viewed as a threat to the taoiseach.

what's worse, is that such a economically strategic decision, decided on a whim by a joe soap, was accepted without question by the populace and government...

Oh, I think they thought long and hard about it. It might have gone something like this;

Voice of strategist at FF meeting,"How can we buy the next election? I know we can ignore the advice of the OECD and teh ESRI and keep pumping money into an over-heated economy but there must be more we can do! Remember that the electoral register might be sorted out by then so it’s all up in the air…"

Voice from back of room, "we, we could sq-squeeze a hospital into my constituency nearer the election, but say nothin' for the moment lads."

Voice of strategist,"Good idea there boss but what about the rest of the country?"

Unknown voice, "we could decentralise the civil service!"

Voice from back of room," Jasus lads, that will bugger up the country for years to come.... but it might just buy the next election so lets go for it!"

PD junior minister removes ear from door and legs it to nearest phone to call his local printer and get a few banners knocked up…

gosh purple - it did go sthg like that - are you sure you weren't present at the time!