NCT Time

Smashbox

Hi

Have a quick question. Had an NCT test booked for tomorrow at 5pm, a guy from the place rang and asked for me to bring the car in at 11am instead (maybe they're all wanting to finish early for the rugby?)

I don't really have a problem with this, but I start work at 11.30am and have to be there to open up and let staff in.

Will the test take longer than 30 minutes? The centre is about 5 minutes to my workplace. The car has had its pre-nct check at a local garage so I don't foresee any problems, just wondering what the usual length of time would be.

Many thanks.

Had mine done in the one near Liffey Valley a few weeks ago and the whole deal took the best part of an hour.These lads do not work at a hectic pace.Id say it was approaching 30 mins before my car was put on a ramp.

Actual test takes 30 to 40 minutes but you could be waiting around before they get round to your car

As you're doing them a favour ask if you can leave the car with them and call back to collect it. Strictly speaking you are supposed to stay with the car but if you are accommodating them then surely they can come to some arrangement.

Once you park the car in the appropriate bay they drive the car forward so its not as if you really need to be there.

Back