NCT test

roker

I had a NCT booked before the Covid and it was subsequently deferred for 4 month.
I am now trying to book a new appoint before my new expiry date 5 Sept but find the first appointment is mid October. 7 weeks after my new expiry date. I phone Central office and they cannot help

Are you able to travel to another location? I found widening the area and going to a different centre I was able to get an earlier date.

I am between 2 locations each 1/2 hr drive away next one is 3/4 hr, all are fully booked, I must consider if I fail I need to get home and travel again that could be up to 3 hrs driving time total

Its a long time since I booked an NCT but it used to be the case that cancellations popped up early in the morning where people have cancelled/rearranged overnight. As far as I can recall it was before the call centre opened because they nabbed them upon arrival. That system may well have changed :)

Its a long time since I booked an NCT but it used to be the case that cancellations popped up early in the morning where people have cancelled/rearranged overnight. As far as I can recall it was before the call centre opened because they nabbed them upon arrival. That system may well have changed :)

It resets now at 2330. You should have no issues if you check just after this time.

There's a high backlog, firstly because they were shut down with the car lift failure and then because of the Covid, the system cannot cope

I had a test for mid October, checked the website this morning at 8:30 am and managed to rebook for two weeks from now.

I am between 2 locations each 1/2 hr drive away next one is 3/4 hr, all are fully booked, I must consider if I fail I need to get home and travel again that could be up to 3 hrs driving time total
would you believe it, after obtaining a test day I had my car on the test lane when there was a power cut so they had to cancel the test and refund me. I have now got a 3rd test date way over my 4 month extension which is total out of my control

Are Nct test still going ahead ? Is the lift thing sorted out yet ?
We bought a new ish car 162 yesterday and the sales man reckons there is a high back log in Dublin centers.im a bit worried but he said he'll book it in for the next available test whenever that is and I'll bring the car in

You're buying a car with no current NCT? Why would you do that and do part of the motor-trader's job (I hope they are at least paying for the NCT and can give you a booking form) by presenting it at the NCTS centre? Is it even legal for a motor-trader to sell a car without a current NCT certificate? I'd shop elsewhere. It's not like there's a shortage of 2nd-hand cars or motor-traders to choose from.

The test date for cars which were due an NCT on and after 28th March has been extended by four months.

I'm told that my NCT is not due by the date on the NCT cert but 4 months later.
Happy enough that it's a long time in the future.

I'm told that my NCT is not due by the date on the NCT cert but 4 months later.
Happy enough that it's a long time in the future.

So long as it wasn't first registered on or after August 1st, 2016, I'd expect that will be phased out at some point as well, so keep an eye on the news page or check your due date here.

Back