NCT Test - when is it due?

musicfan

I bought my car in Sept 03 - it was originally registered to the dealer in July 03 (I think).
Should this be NCT'd in July or September? I havent received any notification in the post yet?

It's based on the age of the car from first date of registration so therefore it would be July in this case. You may not get notification so might have to book the test yourself. This seems to vary throughout the country

yeah my mate has an 03 passat and just taxed it until june 08, he wasn't asked for nct, but if he doesn't get it done off his own bat he's the one at fault, silly but ignorance is no excuse

It was about three months after the "due date" for NCT that we actually received notification of a date for the test.

It appears that the NCT does not send an appointment letter anymore. At least, that's what an NCT rep just said to me over the phone.

My car's NCT due date is 06 August. As we are on holidays for the next few weeks, i thought i'll give them a call to make sure i do not get called during that time... only to find out that my appointment is tomorrow morming!!

So, how do people know when to show up? do they all have to call the NCT hotline?

My NCT was due last March apparently - I received no notification at the time until approx 3 weeks ago. They sent me an appointment by post that I could accept by text or reschedule online/phone - which I did.

I think that they will eventually contact you but in my case it was over 3 months after it was due. I also think that it is your responsibility to make sure you NCT your car, so you need to ring them.

Also, if you put your car reg number and original car registration date into their online form I think you can see when/if there is an appointment for your car.