NCT query

duchalla

Hi,

My car is due for its first NCT in April, will I get a letter form the NCT to remind me or is it up to me to book it in?

Thanks in advance.

Give them a ring. I did and found that they were going to send me a reminder anyway, that the NCT was due. Anyway I was happy that I rang first.

Don't be waiting for them to write.

I knew my reg was fairly early in the year & just though this morning that it is strange I hadn't heard.

Called them & she said it was due last month. I said I hadn't recieved a letter and she said the onus was on me to make sure it happened. She wouldn;t confirm if they do send out letters - just kept saying the onus is on me to make it happen.

I definately got a letter the last time I went over (about 4 years ago....different car)

Just had a look on-line to see if they should have notified me & can you believe they have the question in their FAQ's but they actually don't answer it with a clear "yes we will contact you" or "No we won't contact you".

Anyway, booked in.....an afternoon to look forward to....not !!

I used to get a letter but didn't the last time. The notification is just a courtesy and TBH I would regard it as a waste of time and resources if I were them and certainly wouldn't bother with it.

They are absolutely correct, legally and morally, that the onus is on the customer/ car owner.

The NCT guys don't send a reminder at all these days; onus is on owner.

Best place to book is www.ncts.ie. Just make sure you know the registration date for your car beforehand

For some reason they keep adding new dates/times on Tuesdays so if you want to have a good choice of test centre and date/time make your booking on a Tuesday or Wednesday because after that the most of the good slots are gone.

Remember that you can have your test up to six months prior to due date for the first test and three months prior for all subsequent tests