Nct/problem

lorraine kk

I brought the car to get NCT on may 1st.

It failed on emmisions and broken sppedometer cable... at the end of the fail sheet it gave me until the 31st of May to return car with above fixed. The cost another 28 euro.

so on he 26th of May I returned the emmisions issue was fixed but not the speedometer, so the tester said to me "you have 7 days to bring car back up, and its only a visual so its free" so today I returned the tester came out checked speedometer and said great its passed collect cer ,in a go and another guy tels me im to late, as I should have been back for the visual by the 31st.

I explained to him that i was giving 7 days but he just said no, it should have been back on 31st and ive to put car through test again?

On the sheet i recived ststing the speedometer failed it does say the 31st, but why was i told 7 days, which was the 7th day today?

I feel like im a bt hard done realy?

What are the rules does any one know on returning for a visual?
thanks all in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably wouldnt have been a problem last month but after the primetime report, ive heard that everything is being done to the letter of the law.. Ya might feel hard done by, but they're not going to bend the rules for anyone now..

Everything should have been done before the 31st i.e. 28 days from the first test. Dems de rules I'm afraid.

Here is latest.

Remember my car passed everything last month but reason for retest was i was 2 days late (even though i was told 7 days"). Since then car has been of road. Every second day I would fire it up etc etc, Today brought it for retest and guess what, yes it failed, reson given and i quote "WAY TO MUCH OIL IN ENGINE".

3 weeks ago it passed everything and now suddenly there is too much oil in the engine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back