NCT expiry extended again due to Covid

johnwilliams

question car is due soon for test so logged on nct site ,the nct site says now not due till early new year (some kind of extension due to covid 19 backlog i hear ), my question if stopped by cops nct disk expired, do i bring copy of the online notice of new date extension in car with me or are cops aware of extensions ?

Not too sure about "cops", but I'm pretty sure our police officers are very aware of the issue.

In any event, if you are concerned, having documentation with you is never any harm.

My car is due next month, I got this email during the week, I printed it and have it in the car.

mrb_nzF-KhLcCHJbqcsWL25LnMirNV77cOyIEC4zUnn0Z5rLBWLsky2_4oeWF9_Y7Pb5D1AyRn5xXtFqSSIaS6ROYjzgwqOv=s0-d-e1-ft

14/10/2020

REGISTRATION NUMBER: XXXXXXXX
Dear Car-Owner,
This is notification of a deferral of your NCT.

As a result of COVID 19, the Minister of Transport, Tourism and Sport announced a 4 month NCT certificate extension for vehicles with a test due date on or after the 28th March.

As a result of this announcement, your NCT has been deferred, your new test due date is 21/03/2021.

You will not receive a new NCT certificate to reflect this new test due date and An Garda Síochána have been notified.

Back