NCT Delivery/Collection Service

smree

Hi

Is anyone aware of a company that provides an NCT delivery and collection service in Dublin?

Also if your NCT is due will they contact you with an appointment?

Thanks

From searching on the web I found a company in Drogheda that provided this service.

The reason I'm looking for this is that I'm on a provisional license and don't want to drive it myself or ask family/friends to take time off to drive it for me.

Thanks

Re: what happens if i dont get a NCT certificate

what will happen if i dont get a Nct on my Car am i not insured etc anyone ???

I recently NCT'd a car I was selling at the time. Never got the notice in the post but went online and booked an appointment.

How do you get around if you're on a provisional license? Surely you don't drag friends or relatives everywhere you go.

How do you get around if you're on a provisional license? Surely you don't drag friends or relatives everywhere you go.

I am sure that smree is a law abiding citizen who doesn't drive on own with a provisional licence; just being responsible.

I got my own car to get lessons in and for practice with friends & family. I understand that a lot of people drive on a provisional but I don't feel that I'm a safe enough driver to even attempt it.

I also find it strange the amount of pressure I get from people to drive on my provisional!

As far as i know the onus is on the owner of the car to make the appointment, and as yachtie posted this can be made online or by ringing 1890412413.

There's a place in Dublin 24 called "Carfix" that will bring your car to the NCT center for you. I don't have the number on me though but you should find it in Google/Golden Pages. I haven't heard of anywhere else that does it.

what will happen if i dont get a Nct on my Car am i not insured etc anyone ???

This question was asked recently on Derek Mooneys radio show. The person posing the question was asking because her car is overdue an NCT. She has now booked in for an NCT but it won't be seen for a few weeks. She wanted to know if she had an accident while the car wasn't NCT'd, would her insurance cover it.
The answer provided was along the lines of, if you have an accident with your car, and the reason for the accident was a technical fault that would have showed up on the NCT, then no, your not insured.
If you have an accident because someone ploughed into your car and it was not something technically wrong with her own car, then yes, she would be insured.

Back