Navman S50

xxx

Hi not sure if this is the correct forum or not, just got a new Navman S50, just wondering the following - do i need to do anything with the included cd and the cable to connect to the computer or has it all been set up. There is no mains charger, is it bad for battery just charging it up on car charger when in use. And finally how up to date are the maps. Sorry for all the ques but am at work so cant charge it up yet and battery is completly dead. Thanks

Hi,

It's all set up. Just plug it in the socket and it will start up straight away. I only keep it charging in the car when I'm driving and so far I've had no problems. Not sure about updating the maps.

Its favorite direction is "make a u turn when possible, That is all mine says when following directions, It really sends you the most stupid way, its missing all new roads, even ones 3 years old. Mine is anyway and I have performed updates,

Try the Mio system. In the 3 weeks I've owned it it has sent me into forests and up roads which could only be described as 'unpaved' at best.

Seriously unimpressed!!!!!!! Plus the darn thing cost 300 Euro plus.....

I bought a new Garmin Nuvi 360 yesterday.

Comes with Pan European maps (Navteq v10), bluetooth, and even text to speech.

€160 incl. shipping. The weak £ is great

I have nokia 6110 navigator.I updated it with the latest maps(navteq) find it brilliant.