Navan to Dublin (commuting)

gazzer

I wonder if anybody reading this can give me some advice.

Im thinking of selling my house in Mulhuddart as the estate i am in has started to deteriorate very badly in recent months with anti-social behaviour and im sick of living there..

I was thinking of moving to somewhere in Navan (or anywhere in Meath really).. im looking for a nice town/village/etc. I work in the city centre so will have to rely on Bus Eireann to bring me into the city or else i could drive to Maynooth and get the train from there... Im not too fussed as to the travel time (within reason) because at the moment i leave my house at 8.30am but am not in work till 9.45 as it takes forever to get out of the estate and onto the N3 slip road.

Is there anybody here that does the daily commute from Meath to Dublin city.. and if so.. what is the average travelling time and what is the quality of life like??

Thanks in advance.

If you're looking at Meath, consider Enfield. It takes 45 mins by bus at peak hour to get to the city centre. If you work anywhere near Connolly Station, the train's not a bad option either - but the trains aren't very frequent. Driving to Maynooth train station takes 14 minutes and there's a good frequency of trains from there.

We had a girl moved from Dublin to Navan and tried to keep up the commute from Navan to Clondalkin. On average, it was taking over an hour and a half each day there and back and quite often longer than that. Some evenings could be worse. She was going through Lucan, though and was always caught there on the way home.

She ended up having to leave the job because of the commute, so just be careful.

I'm from Navan, work in the city centre, leave at 6.30 and arrive at work at 7.30. If I leave at 4.30 / 4.45 I'm usually home before 6.

I find the bus rarely takes more than 75 minutes from Market Square to O'Connell Street.

Back