Navan Road

L

Leroy42

Hi,

Currently looking at a number of properties on the Navan Road, near the Cabra End.

Two Questions. 1) Any thoughts on this area, it seems to be well linked to the city, although I know that traffic is a mess in Phibsboro. It is close to Phoenix Park, so plenty of open space near by, but what about the schools etc?

2) One of the properties in facing on the main road, which I know is a fairly busy throughfare. What are peoples thoughts on the pros and cons of houses on main raod as oppossed to in estates?

Thanks for any replies.

Leroy

Lived just off the Navan rd for almost 2 yrs really liked the area. Found it great for public transport into town and handy for taxis in/out. However its a very busy road and I would imagine it would be hard entering and exiting your driveway.

I don't find Phibsboro too bad in the mornings - I commute from Blanchardstown, and the main hold ups are around Ashtown etc. Whilst the traffic in Phibsboro can be bad it at least moves, and the public transport is good.

St Declans and Cabra Convent are good local schools (secondary)

hi
i live in the kinvara area off the navan road.... great place i think. near town, good solid houses, a boys and girls national school (not hard to get into either). lovely neighbours. Close enough to cycle to town to work. great to live so close to the phoenix park too. not sure if i'd like the navan road itself... v v busy.

Back