Naturalisation - when does it become valid

G

gov

Hi all,

After 3 yrs of waiting, my naturalisation request has finally been approved, I did the Oath in court and now the last step is to wait for the actual certificate of citizenship (I hope to have it by the end of November).

My question/problem is this:

- My residency is expiring on 6th
of November - am I required to go and extend my current residency status (I have residency based on my work permit/employment)?

I am asking the above question as I am unsure of my legal status at the moment. When do I become the citizen of Rep of Ire - when I do the oath in Court or when I actually receive the cert?

(TBH, I just want to avoid the hassle of paying 150 euro and waiting for 2 hours in GNIB office if I am not actually required to do so)

Thanks for your help

Off the top of my head, I would say when you swore the oath. The cert allows you to apply for the passport. As a matter of interest did they charge you the €127 fee or the €950 one?

I had to pay 950... Thanks for your reply, I thought Oath is the actual legal deed as well, but wasnt sure.

hi,
OMG, u waited for 3years, i submitted my documents this aug, though a whole year late. i heard they were taking less time now. but u scared me. did u have astraight forward application/

Back