Natural Stone Carpets

Re: Natgural Stone Carpets

I've only seen them on shop floors but they look fab. I'd be intersted to hear any first hand advice too.

We put the natural stone carpet in the kitchen / dining area. It is definitely worth every penny it cost. Mrs Paul24 spent ages picking the actual design as any combination of colour can be made up to suit.
The floor is very easy to keep clean and is very warm underfoot unlike stone tiles.

The natural stone is only approx 8mm deep and could possibly be laid on top of your tiles, saving you the trouble of ripping them out. Ours is laid on the bare concrete but technically the product can be put on top of any existing surface.

The company was a pleasure to deal with and the product always attracts attention to any new visitor to the house. I think it makes the floor space look bigger as it is a carpet effect on the whole floor.

Our floor is down almost three years and I still think it looks good.

They have a showroom with lots of designs, but the problem with it is that you see lots of small bits and they are all different colours. You really need to see a big floor area where it is laid. They do a lot of work for credit unons and shops/garages. They might be able to give you a reference site where you can go look at it.

What kind of money are you talking per m2? Does the open texture of the floor retain dirt- especially in a kitchen? I like the look of the material but I have some reservations about cleaning; do you need a professional buffing machine to keep it looking good?

I cant remember the actual cost but it is similar to a supplied and fitted natural tile price.

They suggest using a professional cleaning machine once a year but I tended to use a long handled scrubbing brush to get a proper clean. We have had numerous spills with everything from yogurt to red wine and nothing has managed to damage or stain the floor.

It may tend to hide a bit more dirt but thats also its advantage. You don't tend to see the dirt unless you get down on your hands and knees to look at it.

Thanks a lot!

I'm sold on it.

It's 70 a sq mt.

Great value.

I'll rip the tiles up alright I'd say....;-)

B

brian.mobile said:
Thanks a lot!

I'm sold on it.

It's 70 a sq mt.

Great value.

I'll rip the tiles up alright I'd say....;-)

B
Is that the finished price...ie fitted or whatever the correct term is?

Hi Brian,

The natural stone does look good but the cleaning sounds troublesome even if it is only once a year with the professional cleaning machine.

I like the look of [broken link removed] or some of the other options mentioned in the AAM key post on flooring.

Best of luck with the job.

Bamhan said:
Is that the finished price...ie fitted or whatever the correct term is?

Yea, thats the finished price. Anywhere in Ireland.

I'll be getting it done asap.

B

Just got their brochure and I will be following suit for my kitchen....will be very interested to hear how you get on please let me know.

Yea, will do.

Have to get the tiles up first, then will book in a laying.

Looking like end of Feb, but will be in touch!

B

Following on from a phone call to NAtural Stone carpets....who reccomended we look at their product laid I went to see the Youth Reach resource in Limerick which has the product laid in a hall way and on a stairs.
I was very dissappointed with the look of it and the feel of it.
The girl showing me around there said she was very unhappy with the product as it was 'impossible to clean'
Apparently they were supplied with a prodcut to clean it from NAtural Sotne carpets but the cleaners found it useless and were using normal detergent and it made the floors very slippery.
She aadvised against it for kitchens and especially if you have kids which I do.
She told me the O2 shop have it too and when I went to inspect it I was told by them they had to change it as it always looked dirty.
Just thought I should warn you.

Hi - just looking at this product now - went up to Dublin yesterday to have a look. Himself quite into the idea, I'm still dithering. We will only be using it in bathrooms so hopefully won't get too dirty on a daily basis... Wondering how did the original poster get on with his installation and how you like it since?

Thanks

Aisling

It's great. Warm, nice under foot. I'll never tile again. Well, on the floor anyway.

It's costly, but worth it.

BM

Thanks Brian - himself went back up today and we reckon we're going to go with their natural river bed stuff. HOpe it's a good decision!

A

I'm looking at this for the kitchen, am hoping to get it soon. I know someone who has it and raves about it. It must be hard to choose a colour though. Pity they don't have a showroom outside of Dublin. This thread is very helpful.
I'd love to know how the original poster got on with it!

Hi Pricilla,

I was just wondering if you went ahead with this for your kitchen. If so, how has it worked out?

Thanks,
Blackpanda

Back