Natural Slates - CUPA, CAPCO, Tegral?

apple1

Folks

Trying to decide whether to opt for natural slate or not on a new build. At the point, where budget is being refined & need to know prior to embarking on build what to exclude if I'm to use natural slates. Specifically like to hear from anybody who may have used CUPA natural slate or a VAGA slate from CAPCO. Capco quote €1.32 for the VAGA slate (200x100) but would love some first-hand feedback. Thanks, apple1

Hi,

WRT to you mail, I am at the same stage as you.
I got a quote for CUPA H3 (i think) 20" x 10" and they are at €1.70 each. These are predrilled premium grade slates.
I got a quote to put them on at 1.30 each.
I thing I will go with these as they seem to be god quality.
Be carefull of seconds, and undrilled ones as you will pay extra for grading and sorting by the fitter.

Anyone else any experience on this .

Hayabusa

Brooks are now the agents for "Cupa" slates in ireland. Capco lost the agency and are probably selling off the remainder of stock.

Try them they should be selling at around the 1.20 -1.30 including VAT.

Anything under €1.50 per slate is good value, but make sure you see there work before. Natural slate has a lot of waste is the wrong person is putting it on. It all has to be graded and different grades used at different sections of the roof.

There's a fair selection of slates available at the moment and I wont dwell on the pros and cons as on most occasions its a matter of personal choice. Details of the spanish CUPA slates can be viewed here.

What I can say is that the Irish Tegral slates are as good if not better than other market leaders and from past experience they provide a top notch customer service in the unlikely event of any problems arising. Peace of mind assured.

Back