National Lottery www.lotto.ie - now you can gamble online there too!!

sadie

Just checking my Lotto numbers there at www.lotto.ie.
They have set up an online lotto-ticket buying system. And you can also sign up and play Instant Win cash games.
Like we needed the State Lottery website to turn into a flippin' online gambling website....

I don't see a problem, I wonder why this wasn't introduced years ago.
When I was in college we were thinking of designing something for this as a project and couldn't believe it wasn't in place
Online betting websites were only new back then........feelin old :(

If you're forgotten to do the lotto now you can do it online in case you won't make it down to the newsagent before the deadline.
Dead handy if you're in an office syndicate, no more taking change to the shops, getting tickets, scanning them and sending around copies.

ah but here's the rub, you have to use a credit card and as you are using cash the cc company will charge you interest on the amount paid for the tickets. And nowhere on the site does it mention this fact.

Why not use laser you ask? 18 is the minimum age and you can have a laser at 16.

noah

I think you are hinting that this will make more people gamblers?

Well I think its great to have the convenience of online lotto if you want it. Why wouldn't you want to have something convenient?

I do agree with the argument about laser card v credit card though.

But overall if you haven't got the willpower to control your gambling then tough. Every bookie has an online website so there would be plenty of other attractions out there if the Lotto wasn't online.

.....as you are using cash the cc company will charge you interest on the amount paid for the tickets.

Not correct. If you pay the cc balance on time, you pay no interest. I have been playing Lotto on line since the beginning and have not been charged any interest on the credit card.

Back