Naples - Positano - Metro Del Mare

highly

Hi

We're honeymooning in Positano in August and we're flying into Naples.

The best option seems to be using the hydrofoil.

However, just a quick question - I assume you have to get a taxi from the Airport to the port - does anyone know how much this costs?

For the sake of convenience are we better off jumping in a taxi and paying the €100.00 to get to Positano? but we've an early morning flight and it's supposed to be a great way of seeing the coast as well as being cheaper so it sounds like a good option?

has anyone ever done this? what's the best way to go about things?

Never been to Italy and we're doing a week in Positano, then Venice, Florence, Siena and finishing in Rome - if anyone has any advice - please share!

Thanks

Fly to Naples airport and take a direct bus from the airport to Sorrento.
From Naples airport there is a direct bus operated by Curreri. There are 6 runs per day leaving the airport at 9:00am, 11:30am, 1:00pm 2:30pm 4:.30pm 7.00pm. The ride takes about one hour. The bus station is right in front of the Airport exit (look for the Curreri Lines sign). To get back to the airport there are 6 daily runs leaving Sorrento at 6:45am, 8:30am, 10:30am, 12:00am, 2:00pm, 4:30pm. For more info about the Curreri Lines look at their website www.curreriviaggi.
Once in Sorrento you can get the metro del mare to positano http://www.metrodelmare.com/inglese/BIT_linee.html or else travel by bus fabulous journey either way

Hi highly,

We were in Positano in March and I had checked out getting a bus from the airport or a cab and we opted for a cab. To be honest, its a long journey and I felt it was much better to get a cab. I emailed our hotel in advance and asked them if they could arrange someone with a fixed amount and they did it no problem. With luggage, I really think getting the bus is messy and really not worth the hassle.

I wanted to go to Positano for years. Its amazing, a really lovely place. I preferred it more than I did Sorrento although found it very expensive to do any kind of shopping. But the views are spectacular.

Btw, as far as I remember, the cab was about €100 but we were driving for a pretty long time, I definitely felt I wasn't ripped off and the comfort of having someone waiting for you is great. He even stopped on the way back to the airport a few times to allow us to take photos, he knew all the great spots.

Ditto.... After visiting there last year, I would suggest getting the taxi. The ferry from Naples will take a long time as will the bus to Sorrento and then either the ferry or another bus option. That and depending on if you get the bus or the ferry you will be dropped with your bags either at the top or the bottom of Positano. There is a shuttle bus running up and down but it's just more waiting around after what will be a long enough journey already.

n-joy

Take the bus.
It is a comfortable coach that gets you to and from the airport in style. At a fraction of the cost of a taxi. You get a good view of the countryside as you travel.

Was in Sorrento last month for a wedding in Positano flew in to Naples at 11am got on bus at 12am didnt leave till 1pm and didnt get to sorrento till 2.30am then to find hotel not to far but was about 3.15 before we checked into hotel so took little over 4 hours. We went to a wedding in Positano the next day took another hour from sorrento. Got a taxi back to airport for 90 euro it was about an hour so was defo worth the money to save on time. I wish we had of done that when we arrived money well spent!!