Nano Ipod

Micky

Hi Guys

I have a mate going to Thailand next week and have been told that electronic equipment there is very cheap. Has anyone been? Anyone know how much an Ipod Nano would set me back?

Thanks

Micky said:
Hi Guys

I have a mate going to Thailand next week and have been told that electronic equipment there is very cheap. Has anyone been? Anyone know how much an Ipod Nano would set me back?

Thanks
Hmmm. Unless you are buying from a reputable retailer, you could easily end up buying a cheap rip-off. It is difficult to tell the difference. I would personally be very wary of buying electronic goods in Thailand, Canaries etc. for this reason. If the price is too good to be true, that's because it is.

as said above, if its real cheap its a fake. I saw genuine ipods for sale in bangkok and the prices were much the same as here.

While generic mp3 players can probably picked up for a dime a dozen a branded Ipod will be pretty much as priced by Apple. There's little room for discounting since that's the way Apple supply their retailers so anything astoundingly cheap is either stolen or a con.

I wouldn't get an ipod nano. apparently it will be replaced pretty soon. also the battery life is crap - i get 3 hrs out of mine with the remote control attached (but not using radio) and I only got it 3/4 months ago.

and the main reason i got it was because the battery on my ipod mini was so crap...

Thats weird, i got one of the first nanos and have been getting a good 5 hours plus out of it consistanty. Best little gadget i have (and i love my gadgets!)

I'm going to try it for a week without the remote attached to see if thats the problem.

Ipod Nano 60 euro in the Sony Shop in MBK center Bangkok

An Apple product in a Sony Shop???

The Sony Centres are a bit funny as they do carry more than Sony products - the Sony Centre in Dundrum has one or two Philips TVs as well as Sony TVs and also sells Sonos kit.

I guess the franchise holder pays money to Sony but are not affiliated directly. Maybe someone else on AAM knows more?