Name of type of overtrouser?

truthseeker

Does anyone know what those over trousers (waterproofs) are called that have a foot strap so you can put the foot strap either into your shoe or strapped round the sole of it (kinda like ski pants except in waterproof over trouser form)?

The ones that come up to the knee are called "gators" & used for hiking.
But you're talking about something that comes all the way up to the waist, so thats probably of zero help!!

The ones that come up to the knee are called "gators" & used for hiking.
But you're talking about something that comes all the way up to the waist, so thats probably of zero help!!

Thanks but I am talking about the ones that come up to the waist.
Theyre exactly the same as normal overtrousers or waterproofs except they have a foot strap.
I used to have a pair years ago and they were brilliant for cycling in the rain because they covered half your shoe and they didnt get caught in the chain either.

The ones that come up to the knee are called "gators" & used for hiking...
This is a 'gator - [broken link removed]
whereas this - [broken link removed] is a gaiter.

Which would you prefer to have wrapped around your leg?

Thanks all - especially for the gator recommendations

I sorted it out last night, got normal overtrousers with velcro on the bottoms to keep them tight and then got some rather uncool but very nifty 'boot covers' which are effectively like a pair of boots made of waterproof plasticy material that you pull on over your shoes like a pair of gloves so youre fully protected.

I wont be winning any fashion shows - but will be dry to walk my gator.