Name of bag/luggage shop near Hal'penny bridge?

marcellaf

hi all,

Looking for the name of a bag shop that is on the street directly opposite the footbridge you take from Temple Bar across the river.

There is a (closed up) Hector Grey on the same street, and also a few hippy/funky type shops.

Its the street that usually has a stall sellling jewellery/scarves etc. at the start of it - is it Jervis St.?

Anyway, the bag shop that I'm talking about is on the left hand side of this street if you had your back to the Ha'penny bridge.

Any ideas? I can't seem to find any good map online - probably because I'm not sure what street I'm talking about

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it's called The Bag Shop and they now have branches in St Stephen's Green Shopping centre, Westmoreland St and a few other places. I've always found the Liffey St (the street by Ha'penny Bridge) branch the best though as their staff are so helpful. I've bought all my backpacks etc there over the years and they're great.

I just googled them and they now have an [broken link removed].

g

hi,

No, its definitely not The Bag Shop, I don't think its a chain of shops.

Liffey St. - that might help me narrow it down a bit - thanks!

Well I know The Bag Shop is/was on your left if standing with your back to the bridge but it might have changed. I'll be heading in that direction today or tomorrow so I'll check it out and let you know.

thanks guys!

I think it might be called 'Soweta' - I got that much after I got the Liffey St.

Thanks a mill!

Ah yes, there is a shop called Soweta on the left there. I know it sells ornments and stuff, didn't know it did bags too.