Naked in public after Spencer Tunick events

L_earner

I was one of the lucky people who made it to one of the Spencer Tunick installations. Now, I and about 25 others who attended these events are enthusiastic newcomers to social nudity. We plan to get together at secluded spots over the rest of the summer, assuming we get some warm weather.
I read that Spencer Tunick got some sort of agreement from officialdom that the people who attended his installations would not get into trouble with Gardai. Is it illegal to go nude in public?
If so, surely it is not common practice to make arrests? I have never heard of anybody being picked up by the fuzz, if you pardon the awful pun.
Can anybody enlighten me about this, and if nudity is illegal, any tips to avoid exposure in the courts? (I'll get my coat!)

i dont know if its illegal or not. but how about organising a house party or an afternoon bbq gathering or something like that? surely your entitled to walk around your gardens / land / house naked with invited friends and guests

I saw the pics, good on everyone for taking part....

well one of beaches around Donabate (not Donabate itself) is a nudie beach. I often walk the dog down that way, and think fair play for them baring all, it's not the warmest of climates!

I know a big field on an island on the River Shannon near Clonmacnoise which is an excellent spot to run around naked, especially when its raining. Mind out though cos the field is full of thistles in the summer. Great fishing on the western side of the island too. Some large bream.

Out of interest why bother??
It is difficult to explain why it is so exhilarating to someone who was not there. Ask anyone who did it and chances are they will say it was a life affirming experience. If you google Spencer Tunick Installation Ireland you will get a flavour of what I mean. I have read dozens of posts in boards.ie for example, and practically every person said that going nude with strangers was a brilliant feeling, a real buzz. One guy compared it with dropping an e.

In that case sign me up

Exactly the sort of person I like to associate with.
And that's another thing. In the flesh everybody is equal. The people I chatted with were sound. A few hours later when I saw the way they dressed, the cars they drove etc I realised how much my prejudices colour my perception of people. I suppose there is a little bit of that in everybody, if we are honest.

What tackle do you use when fishing?

In my innocence i thought that all the photos were taken in such a way that full nudity was not exposed. Just saw a pic in a magazine where all are facing the camera. A bit blurred but perhaps it was foggy wherever it was taken.

Since my original post i have seen some very revealing photographs like the one in Phoenix magazine. Quite frankly i think these people would look far more attractive in their clothes...

i dont know if its illegal or not. but how about organising a house party or an afternoon bbq gathering or something like that? surely your entitled to walk around your gardens / land / house naked with invited friends and guests . . .
Since my first post I have learned that even this is illegal if any member of the public can see into your property. According to our 1935 legislators, it affronts public decency.