Naas to Sandyford commute

briancbyrne

Hi,
I may be making the above commute in the not too distant future...anybody else enduring the same torture??...any advise greatly appreciated? - thanks

Hi,

I do the commute on a daily basis. It's really not that bad if you are hitting the Red Cow around 7am. After that it can get very, very congested. HTH.

cheers,
what time do you make it into work for so?
Do you drive or bus it into town and then luas out?

Naas to Sandyford - avoid the Red Cow. If you are early enough (7am), you can come off at Citywest into Tallaght via fortunestown Lane and onto the M50 at the Tallaght sliproad (N81). The M50 itself is slow moving from there to Dundrum for some odd reason, but eases up to allow quick access to the Leopardstown interchange for Sandyford. Should take an hour.

Alternatively, come off the Tallaght Bypass at Fruitfield factory towards Marlfield and Ellensborough and come out at Old Bawn, across to Firhouse and onto the M50 that way.

After 8am all the sliproads into Sandyford, especially the Drummartin link road are very busy. I avoid the drummartin link road at all times and find it handier to come off at the leopardstown interchange.