N Ireland gas and electricity prices cut

Z

z104

Gas suppliers up North are cutting gas prices by 22% and electrictty prices by 10.8%

A few miles down the road gas prices are only coming down by 1%. This is akin to Theft by bord Gais and ESB . We need an energy regulator with teeth. Not somebody who is afraid to stand up to the Bord Gais and ESB monopoly.

NIE, the electricity supplier, is dropping its prices by 10.8%, with both of these cuts the result of recent falls in the global price of wholesale crude oil.

[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

Add to that the 10% fare hike for the CIE group of companies with the price of oil plummeting.

I may be wrong but aren't NI Doemstic electricty prices still more expensive then ROI??

NI - £0.1506/kwh
ROI - €0.1435/kwh.

I may be wrong but aren't NI Doemstic electricty prices still more expensive then ROI??

NI - £0.1506/kwh
ROI - €0.1435/kwh.

I got:
NI - (€0.1690 kW/h)
ROI - [broken link removed]
but we don't want facts getting in the way of accusations of theft (the illegal taking of another person's property without that person's freely-given consent)!

I got:
NI - (€0.1690 kW/h)
but we don't want facts getting in the way of accusations of theft (the illegal taking of another person's property without that person's freely-given consent)!

I'm not really sure what you mean about the theft bit but I stand corrected!

NI - (€0.1690 kW/h)

Minus 22%
NI .€0.1318 KW/h
ROI €0.1597