Myvesta Ireland (a division of The Myvesta Foundation) financial crisis centre

Re: My Vesta

Just Wondering If Anyone Has Used Them Website Seems Very Good

Re: Myvesta

Myvesta are a social enterprise that help people with complicated debt problems in a number of countries I believe. They have a UK website too. It is http://myvesta.org.uk.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Jayne

This service makes no sense in an Irish context.

While it gives advice on debt and offers a debt repayment scheme for which the indebted client has to pay it also primarily offers information and links to consolidation products like Axiom finance,

€15 to €49 per month for their repayment plan? Why on earth should somebody in financial difficulties opt for that when they can go to MABS or get lots of useful info for free (e.g. here on AAM) instead? And I would be concerned about any organization whose answer to this question was not contact your GP or an independent and free crisis agency/support group but rather contact them!

[broken link removed]

Re: Myvesta

Myvesta are a social enterprise that help people with complicated debt problems in a number of countries I believe.
What do you mean by 'social enterprise'? Does it make profits? Who are the beneficiaries? Is the Irish operation a franchise?

'not-for-profit' can be very misleading. I know of at least two supposed 'not-for-profit' organisations which are effectively commercial enterprises which become 'no-profit' because of the hefty salaries taken out by their leading lights. I'm not saying that Myvesta fall into this category, but I would like to hear more of what Jane-Woody meant. The franchise model on the Myvesta website doesn't seem particularly 'not-for-profit' to me.