Mysterious credit & debit of my account

JohnnyBoy

Hi there
I checked my current account via Permanent TSB's online banking & found that on the 19/12/06,there were 2 entries.The first one was a credit for E12,000,the second 1 was a debit for E12,900.Needless to say that's a net debit of 900E.The description of both transactions were "CLEAR ERROR 51".
I've contacted the bank,but I've heard nothing & they seem as puzzled(if not alarmed) as I am.
Any suggestions as to what I can do or anybody experienced this sort of thing before?
Thanks

Most banks are taking a lot of effort with customer service for this type of error. (Lots of threads on SSIA payments going wrong and the bank refunding the customer losses). This one is far more concerning as the reasons for the Credit/Debit are unclear. If it was simply a bank error surely they would have gotten the amount correct?!? And would have assumed they would have had to ask you to return the funds.

I'd be certain they will fully return any monies "lost" from this. If you feel you've suffered any further losses (bank acount going into OD so additional fees etc.) make sure you clearly detail all of the additional costs and inform the BM you want these reinstated too.

I've contacted the bank,but I've heard nothing & they seem as puzzled(if not alarmed) as I am.
How do you know that they are puzzled if you have heard nothing? :confused:
Any suggestions as to what I can do or anybody experienced this sort of thing before?
Get on the phone or go to your branch ASAP and sort it out. Don't rely on email if that's what you're doing. Keep a record of all details (e.g. print off the statement for future reference) so that you have everything about the case handy in case you need it later. Change your password/PIN (?) ASAP just in case your credentials have been acquired by somebody else and security on your account has been compromised.

Back