Myrtleville, Co. Cork

2706eilis

Anyone got any details on Myrtleville, fountainstown areas in Cork:

- Commuting time to Cork city,
- What area is like,
- What its like during the winter etc.?

You're talking a 25/30 minute drive to the City from both places at least. That's not with traffic!

Both places are dead in the winter. During the summer, the beach in Myrtleville is always jam packed with locals especially teenagers from the surrounding areas (Crosshaven, Carrigaline etc). AFAIK bunnyconnellans has closed down so there's just the one pub there at the moment and one shop. I dont know much about Fountainstown only that there's a stoney beach and it's real quiet in the winter!

I'm sure someone else on here will be able to answer your questions in more detail!

both are dead in the winter and full of life in the summer..there is a new development over in Crosshaven,which looks quiet good.. it's called brightwater and is more or less in the middle of the village.the road to carrigaline isn't the best but the place is worth a look .. i think sherry fitz have it

Does anyone know if it is true that Bunnyconnellans has closed? I hope not.

Bunny's applied for planning permission (058805) to build 26 No. 2bed apts, bar, restaurant, roof garden and were turned down and then closed.

and it would be a perfect day today to be lying on the grass with a few bottles of cider .......