MyEnquiries on lpt.revenue.ie

Drakon

Hi,

I was wondering what member experiences have been of the MyEnquiries facility on lpt.revenue.ie

I used it for the first time a few days ago but still have not received a reply. The matter I enquired about isn't that complicated.
I bought my current residence in Dec 2014 and moved in Jan 2015. At the time of the purchase is was assumed that the vendor had paid the LPT for 2015, therefore as part of the payment we lodged an addition €315 to my solicitor's account. I got a letter from her earlier this month with a cheque for €315 and a letter stating that the vendor had not paid LPT for 2015 and that I must do so, and that the €315 was being refunded.

So I logged onto lpt.revenue.ie and into the MyEnquiries facility...

Just wondering how good they are to respond.

Thanks.

We've found appalling response times & rates to Revenue's core MyEnquiries facility for mainstream taxes (not LPT, which we rarely have to deal with).

They've been so bad that we've resorted to snailmail instead.

T McGibney, nine weeks later and I still have not received a response to a serious query I have raised so I am rather pleased to have read your post because I thought I was being blatantly ignored.

At the time of the purchase is was assumed that the vendor had paid the LPT for 2015,
I'd go back to your solicitor on this - part of their due diligence is to make sure all property tax is up to date.

I'd go back to your solicitor on this - part of their due diligence is to make sure all property tax is up to date.

Its really not a big deal.

OP bought in 2014. Vendor could not be bothered to discharge 2015 liability even though legally as they owned on 1.11.2014 they had the legal liability.

OP was going to have the entire actual liability for 2015 anyway so they are not out of pocket.

Some of my clients get extraordinarily thick about LPT, water charges, NPPR etc.,etc - like I want to have anything to do with them either!

Its all just part of dealing with different tax/utility outgoings at different times of the year.

mf

Sent an "any update" message via MyEnquiries a couple of days later and got a response a day later again.
Surprisingly they've stated that my LPT obligations for 2015 are up to date. I'm 99% certain that I've paid no LTP for 2015 on this property.

I've printed off their reply and filed it. Should this come back to haunt me or future generations I assume that their response will clear me of any fines/penalties (though not the clear me of the €315 itself).

Some of my clients get extraordinarily thick about LPT, water charges, NPPR etc.,etc - like I want to have anything to do with them either!

I was speaking to an auctioneer last week and was informed that the LPT is now causing issues in some sales where a property is divided into flats. As you know NPPR was per unit, not property, but LPT is per property not per unit.

Why don't you check it out on your revenue LPT account online?
I have done so. There is no entry for the property in question in 2015. I bought the house on 22 December 2014, I moved into the house on 8 January 2015. I would assume that I am liable for LTP for 2015. However, there is no record in my LTP account online for the property in 2015; just 2016.
There is no entry for 2015 saying that I owe LTP.
There is no entry for 2015 saying that I've paid LTP.
There is just no entry for 2015.
There is an entry for the property in 2016, showing that I owe €299, which is to be paid by SEPA SDA in March.

I have done so. There is no entry for the property in question in 2015. I bought the house on 22 December 2014, I moved into the house on 8 January 2015. I would assume that I am liable for LTP for 2015. However, there is no record in my LTP account online for the property in 2015; just 2016.
There is no entry for 2015 saying that I owe LTP.
There is no entry for 2015 saying that I've paid LTP.
There is just no entry for 2015.
There is an entry for the property in 2016, showing that I owe €299, which is to be paid by SEPA SDA in March.

The liable person is the Vendor. But they did not pay it. If they had paid it, you would have had to refund it. They didn't pay it. Its a charge on the property, however. You should pay it.

Pay it. It is so much easier in the long run. Its a glitch in Revenue systems. That's all. Pay it. You know its due.

mf

Back