my welfare has been cut off and i have no income to pay maintenance.

angryman

I'm looking for advice on maintenance order

I have applied to the courts for a maintenance order adjustment as my welfare has been cut off and i have no income to pay maintenance.

My ex solicitor will be requesting an adjournment to apply for updated welfare affidavits, as I have letter from welfare. Will judge adjourn or might he hear the case?

I also have no solicitor as i was told this should be straight forward. Can i get free legal aid?

Any advice on this matter would be welcome.

You dont need a solicitor in the Family Courts (or any other for that matter, but thats a personal choice)
If you cant afford to pay, you cant be forced to pay. Go into court and plead your case with the Judge. They are fair enough in the FC.

I had my divorce granted in the circuit court and am told because of this I need to use a solicitor and a barrister to review the proceedings being issued in order to pursue arrears of maintenance in this court.I did phone the court office who concurred I could not do this myself.

If you go to your local citizens advice bureau they will put you onto Free Legal Aid. The solicitor I met actually sat there one night a week way back when.
Who told you that you need a solicitor and a barrister?

If your maintenance order was initally sought through the District Court, then this is where you will be heard again. You need to go there as soon as you can to adjust the order, however it is very unlikely you will be paying "no" maintenance despite your circumstances. Even if it is only 10 euros per week. Your children don't live on fresh air, and it shouldn't be expected that they should.
Why was your social cut? Usually for a self employed person that this would sound correct.

Back